PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2001, 18:29
Susan Phoenix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello John, great to see that you are continuing the very necessary public campaign to clear the names of Jonathan Tapper and John Cook. Yes ofcourse their names should be cleared with their reputations, not only for their own families and children - but for all those other aircrew who we hope to encourage in the future RAF!!? At the moment it appears that certain admin sections wonder why they are losing experienced aircrew so soon after training? We only need to read the reports from Wratten and Day to see why - when senior "officers" can condemn fine young men trying to do their jobs with antiquated equipment to safeguard perhaps something they themselves should have rectified previously. As a non pilot, I speak after reading every report ever written and attending ALL enquiries about the Mull of Kintyre accident that killed my husband. So please keep up the campaign to help the Tapper and Cook families they deserve better treatment than that callously dished out by Wratten and Day - I'm not sure if it has been clarified that these 2 actually overuled the enquiries that stated quite clearly that it was not possible to apportion blame to anyone because of lack of evidence?