PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F3 Mates Do it Style
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2007, 16:54
TheInquisitor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure that, should the need for Air Defence arise in AFG or Iraq, the F3 boys would be working as hard out there as the rest of us. We cannot blame THEM for the fact that they aren't living their lives out in the desert at the moment, so comments along those lines are void I'm afraid.

Also, they weren't there representing ANYONE. They were on downtime and chose (unwisely, of course) to attend a concert for pre-pubescent girls. Their presence there was as private individuals spending their free time as they choose.

So let's cut the crap here chaps. I'm pretty sure the limo DIDN'T have "Property of the Sultan's Brother" emblazoned on the side of it as it was waiting outside the hotel / arena / whatever, probably surrounded by cabs and a myriad of other vehicles waiting to pick folks up. I'd also bet that the lads didn't get into the driver's seat and try to nick it, rather jumped in the back and tried to offer the driver a wad of US$ to take them back to their accommodation.

*NOTE - I'm obviously only guessing here - but then again, so is the d1ckh**d journo who wrote this piece.

Typical Arab state security forces over-reaction to a non-incident here - I'd put money on it.