PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 11th Dec 2007, 15:06
Farty Flaps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet Runner,
Are you sure that you are not confusing your unsuitability with EKs motives.
I have completed the selection at EK in two different formats. Sim last day, a few years ago and sim first day earlier this year.I was sucessful both times and have chosen to accept a better offer from my employers both times. Thats those bridges well burnt.
I can assure the doubters that the DEC sim ride isnt a walk in the park but is based around what i see as accepted MO in the UK style of operating. Lots of dodar etc, no rushing.
A change of format shouldnt be interpreted as a drop in standards but certainly as a result of change in demographics. My fellow selectees were all from reputable backgrounds no cowboys . Only half were sucessful. Whether that was sim or suitability who knows.
Not everything is a conspiricy. Dubai isnt London and EK isnt BA. It is an expat contract in a foreign country. emphasis on people suitable for this life is justifiable. Especially as many will nod at anything to get the big shiney jet and then bitch and moan with the associated existence.
Good luck
FF