PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How much overtime can you get at Swanwick?
Old 11th Dec 2007, 14:45
Amenhotep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Regarding Overtime and Rosters at Swanwick.

Hi all,

Greetings from High Wycombe! I'm a ATCO wannabe whose in the first stage of the assessment process (you know, the one where you get all the brain probing psychoanalytical testing done, digging for suppressed memories; and where have to remember that an A300-600 cruises between FL290-FL330 amoungst other things for the motivation test).

1) Just wondering, I know there are very few part time ATCOs out there, but of those who are, I hear on the grape vine that some have other part time jobs, like operational jobs. Do you know what jobs these are and where they can be found? (Bournmouth and Southampton airport only?)

2) Also, I read somewhere else in the forum that "ATCO is a part time job with a full time salary". I think the gentleman concerned is refering to the shift pattern. Do you concur with this statement? What is the shift pattern for ATCOs in Swanwick? How much opportunity for overtime is there?

3) One last thing, how do you eventually (if I should so chose) move to supervisor and management positions? Is there some sort of job shadowing available?

Many Thanks

PS> What is this emoticon suppose to represent exactly? Wibble?!?
PSS> That's right! This is post number ONE. Rock and Roll!!!

Last edited by Amenhotep; 11th Dec 2007 at 15:21. Reason: I'm a perfectionist!