PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GPS
Thread: GPS
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2007, 12:43
strake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If a device generates and receives radio frequencies, it is a transceiver. That means that your GPS unit is a transceiver, which is why I used the term. (some devices are transmitter-receivers and some are transceivers but they both generate and received RF)
Paxboy, I think you need to look carefully at what you are writing...you're begining to confuse yourself. What is your definition of the difference between a transmitter-receiver and a transceiver?
A Garmin portable GPS, certainly for aviation purposes, is a receiver. From his note, that appears to be what the guy had on board. It is also tested for emmission safety by Federal and US and other authorities. I know this because I can read it in the documentation supplied with my Garmin GPS.
And it's no good getting all huffy about people posting their opinions on here..for all we know Radeng is a 75 yr old googlespert granny with time on her hands....

Last edited by strake; 11th Dec 2007 at 12:45. Reason: Edited to say sorry to radeng if he's not a 75 year old granny....