PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish MD-83 Crash
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2007, 09:18
PBL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chuks and others,
Originally Posted by chuks
I find something very strange in the notion that it's useful to have non-professionals "guessing" about the cause of this or that crash or incident. The pros cannot or will not guess and we need the non-pros to do that?
1. There are professional accident investigators participating in this thread.

2. Nobody has guessed yet about a cause of the crash, as far as I remember. (There has been some discussion about CFIT versus stall, but those are phenomena, not root causes.)

3. There have been some very perceptive contributions by people trying to locate the impact site, notably Mauersegler and more recently pls8xx. I understand neither of them are professional analysts but why should that matter? (Edit: Actually wrong, as Mauaersegler has just noted that he knows aerial photography analysis.) Are only certain people allowed to use Google Earth and say what they see, according to you?

4. I am most interested in reading perceptive contributions, and it is very, very secondary to me what the CVs look like of the people who make them. I am surprised that more people don't have a similar attitude on this forum.

5. This thread is entitled "Turkish MD-83 Crash".
Presumably people looking at it are interested in reading about, shall we imagine, a Turkish MD-83 crash. It is a little odd to find such readers complaining about people discussing, say, a Turkish MD-83 crash.

PBL

Last edited by PBL; 11th Dec 2007 at 10:00.