PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2007, 05:10
Ritero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Snoopy. Let me know how you go.

I have asked one of my dad's mates if he can put me in contact with any pilots, as he's a former nav turned mahogany bomber pilot.

I was considering gliding. I don't want to get any "training" as such on a plane, I just want to get up in the air a bit, take over the controls, learn about instruments and take off and landing etc. I am 99% sure this is what I want to do, but without ever having been behind the stick, how can I say for sure? I wouldn't get 20 hours anyway, because I am currently a uni student who lives out of home and pays his own way, so my current cash flow wouldn't allow a large amount of time in the air. As it is, it is going to take a fairly strong commitment to get me in the air at all.

My questions are the same as yours; the majority of the posts on this forum refer to RAAF recruitment 4 or more years ago, so what has changed? Is there anyone who has gone through it recently, or is currently going through it?

Quick edit: For the record, I'm not after any information on anything that you are forbidden to reveal by way of the confidentiality agreement.