PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crabs 'n' Crackers
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2007, 18:24
Fat Lad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baaah Humbug

I hate to let the truth get in the way of a good story here, but providing that the crackers are in their original retail packaging, and they fit within the standard RAF cabin baggage dimensions, they are accepted for carriage on AT aircraft.

However, BFPO do prohibit the inclusion of crackers in mail at the request of their civilian counterparts. Irrespective of this difference, my understanding of the press articles is that Maj Dalziel-Job and his chums had placed individual crackers in each of the 650 parcels; assuming that they weren’t procured in packages containing a single cracker, the lack of retail packaging would ensure that they would not be accepted by any civilian and military carrier. Finally, as I am led to believe that crackers are available on a limited basis outside the UK, they are not mentioned in either IATA’s DG Regs or the ICAO’s Technical Instructions, so direction is provided by the CAA.

It’s so unusual for the fine upstanding British press corps to push a story that is full of inaccuracies and hearsay…..

(AT Mov – your argument is totally flawed – check your facts!)