PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shoreham - A rip off
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2007, 17:05
Barnaby the Bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My point isn't necessarily just about Shoreham. I do know what I am talking about.. And if the businesses around the airport have no rent or leasing attachment then the airport would have to generate more from movements. and therefore car parking is a reasonable subsidy.
As for the cafe being dead I suspect with recent weather alot of airfield eateries are dead.. .
Shoreham is a different operation to Barton. For a start they have ATCO's not FISO's, they have instrument approaches, they have sheduled flights which require a higher level of regulation.. All this costs alot of money.

Flying is not cheap and with a recent rise in fuel prices is not going to get cheaper. But why do people always look to the airfields to make their past-time cheaper (yes I know some people fly for business).
Remember They are a business not a charity. People will moan, but I guarantee they will still fly in and pay. Why?... Because its a facility they want to use. Otherwise they would use the nearest non-licenced airfield without the ability to get in or out during poor weather.
If they dislike it so much... Don't fly into there.