PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Good Air Novels??
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2001, 14:07
Holt CJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

What an absolutely superb thread this has been. I am a new chum on this BB and am just getting to grips with its features. Ventured onto this forum merely to reminisce among chums of my past. Having started on the Rumours and News forum, this is like a breath of fresh air!

There has been one post that, IMHO, let us all down. It was offered up by one “Up Very Gently” (UVG) who, for some obscure reason, chose not to commend to us his better reading (if he in fact does any) but to bucket a book written by a good friend of mine (also a fellow PPRuNer), Dave McMullon. He did so in the following terms:
For God's Sake, do not even think of reading "Chinook!" by a David McMullen. It is without doubt the biggest pile of pants you will ever have the misfortune to cast your eyes over. The bloke couldn't write if his life depended on it; and it's a shame it isn't.
Shame on you UVG. Though not a best-seller, this book has sold many copies and has been enjoyed by many thousands of readers, including myself. As to your opinion on the author’s writing ability, the very sentence you constructed to denigrate that ability illustrates very clearly your own lack thereof. What’s wrong with you, lad? Don’t you have a grammar-checking facility on your PC? Didn’t anyone ever advise you that, where you have nothing nice to say, it is often best to say nothing at all? Or is it that you are one of those who did not like reading the truth about facts surrounding the aftermath of the Lockerbie Disaster?

[ 13 August 2001: Message edited by: Holt CJ ]