PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2007, 14:19
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
Smiter & Chug

Thank you. However, I do not regard myself as a “whistleblower”. Every single fact I mention here is available, or can be gleaned from, open source material or papers obtained under the Freedom of Information and Data Protection Acts. I’ve often wondered why on earth they release such damning evidence. Is it arrogance or ignorance? The QQ report is a typical example. It is a catalogue of breaches of the regulations. Admittedly, often you have to dig deep, collate, understand linkages and apply decades of training, but it’s all there.

This is the tragedy here. Sir Clive’s assertion that airworthiness regulations have not been implemented properly is NOT A REVELATION. I look forward to the QC asking why the likes of CDP and various Mins(AF) have steadfastly supported those who regard it as optional, while ruling against those who stand firm and seek to implement. In fact, galaxies of “Stars” know about this and have turned a blind eye. In a way, I admire their consistency over many years, through many reorganisations and changes in postholders, but they’ve backed the wrong horse and it’s time to rescind these rulings and rigorously enforce the regulations. And I hope they don’t take the easy option and pick on someone in the Nimrod IPT. This has been going on so long, it is systemic and people are no longer required to have the basic core competencies needed to manage attaining, or maintaining, airworthiness. Quite literally, they make it up as they go along.