PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia IB6166, BOS-MAD, 2nd Dec, Cowboys !!!!
Old 10th Dec 2007, 12:36
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So soggy cabbage is just saying that he personally likes the sound of the female BA co-pilot's voice, and deducing (using his view of the world) that this clearly intelligent, clearly and precisely on the ball English female voice might also be the reason the Iberia crew waved ... hence the cherchez la femme comment a while back.

Meanwhile, back on the ramp much earlier...

IB6166 had reported back on KBOS Ground at about 27:25 into the KBOS 2300Z Ground Tape with his " We have checked our wings. We don't need deice. Ready to pushback".

After a check of the gate number, clearance was given to pushback at his discretion.

Taxi clearance was obtained at about 03:45 into next (2330Z) KBOS Ground tape, then frequency change to Tower was directed at about 06:46 into the tape.

About 0813 into the KBOS Tower 2330Z tape, R15R was confirmed with instructions to "IB6166 Heavy, Boston Tower R15R Position and Hold. Traffic is landing the crossing runway". (IB response is not easy to discern but appears to contain the words 'hold' and '15R').

At 10:40 into same tape, ATC advisory given to IB6166 to keep him up to speed with events "I am planning one more arrival on R22L. Then your departure." There appears no response from IB except possibly a single blip two secs later at 10:47 ... Then there is (pregnant?) 20 sec pause on frequency and then comes "IB6166 Heavy No delay please. 15R - Cleared for takeoff."

IB's response sounds to me like like "Edoronnayweera 6166", but my hearing ain't the best!

I think the tower controller duty then changes.

At 12:34 into same tape, a frequency change is directed to what I guess passes for "Contact Boston Departure" but no frequency was passed ... IB responds "66".

IB is 1300 feet up and away climbing to five thousand and reports on Boston Departure, and is directed to climb 1 4 thousand and vectored Nantucket before QSY 120.6 (Boston Approach South)

At 1438 into Boston Approach South 2330Z tape, controller calls "IB6166H Boston" like it was the first contact without details. IB6166 responds " Climbing 1 4 Thousand on course to Nantucket" .... and receives an apology.

I must admit I really struggle with some of the RT both ways. These guys are evidently stretched too far on occasions.