PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyGlobespan - 6
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2007, 09:41
Shiny side down

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
groundrat=
As a former employee of Aviance at GLA,
So they have made some staff improvements then?

GSM built their reputation on the back of all AVIANCE'S good hard work and then dumped them and hung them out to dry! I spent to much time busting my ballls for you only to be told that AVIANCE was holding you back
I think you'll find it was the good hard work of the GSM flight and Cabin crew.
You'll be one of the diligent aviance staff that regularly left us with no stand guidance, despite prior warning of arrival? Not occasionally, but so regularly it was embarrassing. And when you did get a boot up the arse, sauntered over at a slow walking pace, like there was no urgency.
...who pulled the ground power without checking?
...who lost track of where the steering pins had gone...
...ditto the towbars...
...who were uncontactable by any means whatsoever when slot times were tight...
...who bad mouthed us to pax directly...
...who spent time laughing and joking while we pulled on stand- with 50+ tonnes of aircraft coming towards you...
...who got all 'shirty' when I had a quiet chat about ramp safety, and not driving/walking about in front of the arriving aircraft (note- the last thing we
want is an ingestion because the guy on the ground isn't paying attention. It's not good PR, and the forms would be endless. It would ruin our day as well as his.)

Makes me happy that the same week you twats "dumped" my former employer,was the week that they won a handling contract with BA-one of the planets biggest airlines!!!Hope the good guys make it a success but i fear the worst for you all withy TD at the helm!!BOOHOO!!!At least i'm honest!!
Don't you just love it? An alleged adult using informative terms such as boohoo.

I'm glad you've moved on. Hopefully, you can now start afresh, instead of lugging the chip about. Have a look at my comments above though. It might help keep you safe AND employed.
I'm glad Aviance won a big contract. There were several guys there that really worked hard (above and beyond), and while sometimes having cause to be unhappy, managed to continue in a professional manner. It was a pleasure to work with them. Sadly equally let down by their own colleagues who simply couldn't give a damn (presumably so long as the payslip arrived each week)

As for companies losing contracts, gaining contracts. Thats called business. When an arrangement isn't working, then you review it, and make changes.