PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: Qantas Long Haul Cabin Crew Eba8 Negotiations
Old 10th Dec 2007, 05:45
hawke eye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CSM pay fair for the responsibility

i look forward to applying for promotion, just a thought about pay.

For Lhaul crew to earn what they do the majority of their sectors are night sectors, with over 14hours tour of duty. Most people in the real world still(now with work choices gone) can expect to get O/T ofter 8 and a half hours.

We are away up to 12 days.

Its irrelevant what a second officer earns they do a completely different job.
If im going to become a manager i want the 70K and then some.

A csm is responsible for making sure that we deliver what is promised service wise. when its not delivered he/she has to put out all the fires.

For the responsibility of 400 plus passengers , very affluent, influential and part of the big business world and corporate community there is a huge amount of pressure on both the CSM and the CSS to get it right every sector every time.

There are people out in the real world who earn more with less responsibilty without 18 hour days and jetlag thrown in. They get the money cos they are usually on contracts.

I have earnt more than a junior CSS and CSM in the past just because of the type of flying i was able to get through seniority.

The money earnt by all in L Haul is worked for. Our 3 % wage increase each year still doesnt match inflation. I believe senior management have received way more than 3% each year.