PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Circuit Tips?
Thread: Circuit Tips?
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2007, 18:41
Skysurfer1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey,
What I did for circuts was simple. Not in any particular order. And

1st...Don't panic.

2nd.... Follow your checklists and I found that kept me calm and in control.

3rd....Don't rush anything. If it takes two or three times to hear the ATIS, fine!

4th....Be clear and consise on the radio. Don't ever hog the radio. When your in the circut, keep in mind where everyone is.

5th....Keep the circut in raceish trackish pattern (More like a rectangle). Its good practice, because those joining the circut know where everyone should be. As my instructor said "Keep everything square". When you take off, maintain runway heading then turn 90 degrees for base, then 90 more for downwind etc...

6th....Know what heights you should be at, at certain landmarks! On base, turing final, I should be at 1000' at the apartments. Instructors can help you with this when your first learning.

7th...LOOK OUT!!! Know exactly where everyone is.

8th...Don't wander too far away from the circut, the instructor/examiner could pull an engine failure and you (I hope) want to make the runway and/or field.

9th...Don't forget any of your landing checks...for a twin GUMP checks were good....I sometimes forgot landing flaps or carb heat...not a biggie, but shouldn't be missed . We all get fluffed up at the end with concentration on landing perfectly, that we sometimes forget something.

10th...KEEP LANDING SPEED... 70kts...70kts...70kts....lol.

11th...as soon as you land....full power, flaps to take off and carb heat. Rotate!

12th...dont' forget crosswind imputs!

Most of all HAVE FUN! Circuts are my favorite excercise. They always called me Queen of the Circut at my school! SO MUCH FUN!

That's all I can think of. Oh practice soft field/short field take offs and landings instead of normal landings, thats easy...do something a bit harder each time.

Hope this somewhat helps!