PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NO DUFF - Urgent Msg, Ex Forces & Arrse member in trouble (Help needed)
Old 9th Dec 2007, 18:15
Always a Sapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NO DUFF - Urgent Msg, Ex Forces & Arrse member in trouble (Help needed)

Gentlemen,

I would like to bring your attention to this thread currently running on ARRSE and Rear Party needs help.... should anyone feel able to assist it would be most gratefully appreciated....

Originally Posted by minister_doh_nut ('MOD' on ARRSE)

Urgent please for help folks.

We have a site member who is registered disabled due to a missing limb, sustained whislt serving whom has the very real prospect of being homeless along with his wife an children prior to the Christmas holiday.

I'm f****d if I'm gonna let that happen.

We have managed to find him a property to let, within a few minutes of his childrens school and have the resources to move him.

Once in, with a small amount of ongoing help from ABF, RBL, SSAFA & BLESMA and also combat Stress he will be self sufficient and in the knowledge his family have a roof over thier heads will be able to take Combat Stress up on their offer of Residential help.

We need to raise a bond, and payment of rent up front, totalling £1750.

I'd like to think we can make a huge dint in this via you guys.

Anything that you can afford to give, is hugely appreciated. The guy is a member of Arrse, and although I don't want to ID him at this stage he is watching, as are his family.

I'm in the process of sorting a PAYPAL link and for those without the facilty an account for direct payment.

Lets not see a former serviceman and his family on the streets or in a hostel this Christmas.

Please dig deep and no matter what the donation, it really does make a difference.

Chris

Thanks folks

Snapper