PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Civil Service nominate JPA for an award
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2007, 15:22
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Customer Quote: “Given the size and complexity of the JPA programme, it is remarkable that we have implemented it so smoothly
Give me strength! Which bit of this system is sht do lot not understand? Which bit of if we the "customers" turned out a similar performance in our daily duties, we'd be fired do you not understand?

The challenge included maintaining pay and pension operations to over 300,000 members of the armed forces and 350,000 pensioners, whilst simultaneously designing, building, testing and implementing the JPA programme.
And why didn't you think that this might be a bit of an issue? Oh of course, because we the "customer" don't actually matter. It really doesn't matter if their pay gets screwed up for months on end whilst we still tinker with it. Once they've been evicted because they've not been able to meet their mortgage payments, they'll be thanking us from their council bedsits or decrepit quarters.

Annual savings of £100m will be achieved and over £100m has been delivered already
By not paying people correctly.

Administrative savings equate to over 1,400 posts and 740 have been delivered already.
And don't we bloody well know it! Have you ever tried to ring JPA to complain that they've screwed your pay again? That place seems to be full of Work Experience. Alternatively, you must have the cleanest offices in the Civil Service - I can only assume that, because I've lost count of the number of times my call seems to have been answere by a cleaner. And judging that I'm not the only one in this boat, you must have hundreds of cleaners up there.

So, as a suggestion - from one of your customers - how about you take your head out of your collective backsides, stop this sickening bout of self congratulation, cancel the bonuses and get the bloody thing working and pay people correctly, first time and on time. You've already been rumbled by one awards ceremony, if there's any justice that will soon be 2.