PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maxjet
Thread: Maxjet
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2007, 15:00
Scottish Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last July I used MaxJet for the first time and was quite impressed with their product. I was about to purchase their regular £750+ return fare when I found a promotional fare of around £550 available and so our party of 4 got round trip Business Class tickets for not much more than the normal economy fare (I was being quoted about £500 for an economy return which was at the peak of the summer season). The flight out went smoothly and was about 90% full. On arriving at JFK for the return flight, we discovered the flight was cancelled due technical problems. MaxJet however looked after us well - and we were transferred to Virgin and flew back in Upper Class with a taxi waiting at Heathrow to take us back to Stansted. I understand that unserviceability problems were not unusual. While I have no complaints about the way MaxJet looked after us - each flight cancellation must cost them dearly, bearing in mind the low fare paid and the cost of arranging premium alternative flights and transport. More reliable aircraft and slightly higher base and promotional fares might have helped the financial figures without much erosion of passenger numbers. They were certainly very good value for what they offered. I had hoped to use them again next year and would be sad if they were to cease operations.

Last edited by Scottish Flyer; 9th Dec 2007 at 23:51.