PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Jetstar still charging??
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2007, 13:59
aulglarse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
landof4x, don't QF and VB bond you for 2 or 3 years if you decide to leave early? At JQ this guy has bought the endorsement and can get the hours up very quickly hence be more marketable for potential earnings growth to enhance his and his family's lifestyle earning 8 times more in a just a few years! Kids at uni..hmmm job in Spain for a few years sounds good to me and the missus earning very good rates..so it goes on.

Meanwhile 2 years later the chieftain driver waits in hope to gain a job somewhere to save 30k while on 37k?

I don't agree on paying for endorsements for anyone like yourself but you are happy where you are and will stay there because of principal? What about your mates who may have moved on and joined JQ or VB?

I am happy to see my mates in their mid-late 40's and 50's having an opportunity to convert their hard yards into positive results. I don't miss flying 5-6 sector days dodging all sorts of weather in an non-autopilot turboprop.

If you think pilots are greedy then try working in the highly-strung financial sector. Some of these pricks would sell your mother and still earn 300k+!

If you were approached a few years ago about becoming an A320 Captain within 2 years earning up to 180K for a cost of 30k would you say no? Perhaps you are young and have time.Well, that's your choice....