PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia IB6166, BOS-MAD, 2nd Dec, Cowboys !!!!
Old 9th Dec 2007, 11:17
Danny

aka Capt PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OCEANIC CLEARANCE, before getting all hot under the collar, please re-read the thread and you will note that aside from the initial "You do" comment, which we all agree was out of place, LTD then asked the Clearance Delivery controller to pass a message to the IB crew that he had seen a lot of snow on the IB6166 wing. Later, if you had bothered to listen to the tapes or read this thread carefully, you would have noted that the Ground Controller passed on to the IB crew the concerns of the BA crew. Besides, if you listened to the tapes you would have heard just about every other flight requesting push-back also requesting de-icing. The only time the controller repeatedly asked if anyone needed de-icing was the IB flight. It is not conclusive but if I were a betting man I would place money on the fact that the controller was probably just as surprised as the BA crew that the IB flight was not going to de-ice.

I'm sorry, but reading some of the knee-jerk responses in this thread from people who OBVIOUSLY haven't read it all or haven't listened to the tapes and then go on the defensive is getting just a bit more than mildly irritating. Added to that are the comments from some people who obviously have absolutely no idea of how the de-icing procedures work at BOS. In order to try and make it a bit clearer to those with no experience of operating at BOS, you have to request start clearance with the CLNC DEL controller. They will clear you to push back from the gate for de-icing. It is only a limited push-back in order to clear the pier. Once you have been de-iced you will then push-back and start engines before requesting taxi clearance from the Ground Controller.

So, all those doubters going on about whether the crew had de-iced before requesting push-back, you had better get to grips with de-icing ops at BOS before trying to attack those who are solely trying to point out what they observed that day. Also, would all those who feel their national pride or ego's have been besmirched, please refrain from the unsurprising "racist" comments because there is nothing racist in this thread. All that was pointed out was the style of defensive comments coming from those who claim to be from 'Latin' backgrounds in their user profiles.

Had there been an incident involving the IB flight then I'm sure that the cameras located on the stands that record everything at BOS would have shown how much snow was in fact on the IB6166's wings that night. Now, can we get back to the debate about safety and leave the injured pride for your psychiatrists to deal with!