PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2007, 11:00
Magnersdrinker

Winco
Over 150 posts! About time I clicked here and ordered a Personal Title.

Magners,

If what you are now saying is to be believed, then it would appear that the Nimrod fleet have even more problems than we thought.

But you let yourself down somewhat with your conclusion of the 737 incident and the rudder actuator servo valve. What do you think happened AFTER the servo valve was identified? Do you think that the NTSB said 'OK, we know what the problem was, but what the heck?' Do you think they ignored the problem? or maybe they informed all operators of the problem and enforced them into a replacement? Which one do you think they went for?

TWA flight 500 was brought down by an explosion in a fuel tank that was empty of fuel but not fumes. A single hot-air/ignition source caused the explosion and the loss olf all on board. So what did the authorities do? Did they ignore that maybe? Of course not.

Winco

To start I did not in any way say there was a problem with the fleet, I am on about the 27 incident where the pipe failed which was duly replaced, the SCP in the 30 accident was noted as an ignition source, 2 different things completely.
Yes the 737 incident after it took a few losses and 1 lucky escape they found the fault. My only point im trying to make in these situations as well as many other type accidents, is the fact that nobody could see these things happeing. As for remedial action on both the accidents was carried out i cant answer that, but what im highlighting as I will repeat once more, nobody could have predicted this would happen. I think thats why they call them accidents.