PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia IB6166, BOS-MAD, 2nd Dec, Cowboys !!!!
Old 9th Dec 2007, 10:53
OCEANIC CLEARANCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you all guys think that the YOU DO!! transmission was an understandable and clear message?????

I think the Iberia crew could not even hear it, maybe they only had the information about the controller asking if they needed de-ice, but maybe they didn't noticed that the airplane's crew next to them could see snow on their wings. There is people flying around there whose english is not a mother-thongue.....you should be aware of that and take care when you want to say something to a non english-native crew!!!!!
They could be doing anything else in that moment and didn't hear LTD YOU DO! .....What I'm trying to say is that there are many reasons why the Iberia crew could not know that they had snow in the wings.....and they should not be hang or aeronautically killed on a forum.

If you had bothered to read the full thread, which you clearly haven't, you would know that LTD did not post the flight number
LTD only gave the carrier and the day! How many flights is Iberia doing to Boston daily??? I think he posted too much than necessary...just my opinion.

I AGREE WITH DK_FCI we know just a small part of the story to judge the situation.

But anyway as I said before....I have never met any commercial pilot that would take off with ice or snow on its wings in Spain. Someone did???

LTD: In my opinion....you should have given the information much more clearly to the Iberia crew and let them know what was really happening!!