PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are things slowing down?
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2007, 10:09
shaun ryder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fiveo, without getting personal.

Not miserable, I merely like to think that my posts help balance out some of the over optimistic attitudes aired on here. I suppose that you would think that I was a great chap if all my posts were about fairy stories. Sorry to dissappoint you fiveo because it just aint like that. My personal opinion is, that an individual would be less than wise to give it all up now and start flight training. Financial suicide with a family in tow, that is assuming that the person does not have the cash spare already.

'If I dont do it now, I will regret it the rest of my life' You often read this on pprune, fair enough but...

I say if you do start out on the gargantuan road to commercial pilotdom, you might just regret it the rest of your life, along with your wife and kids I suspect. I dont want to be the one to spread doom and gloom, but have you ever thought that it might even be hard for an experienced pilot to get work in the industry at the moment? Just be very wary of the pig headedness and blinkers syndrome which seems to affect people who want to join the ranks of airline pilots. It seems that some simply refuse to believe that what they are doing, might just end up not working out for them.

I wanted to chat about little animals and rainbows today, to show my softer side and ease my sore head. But this is pprune! That just would'nt be right!

Enjoy your Sunday.