PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia IB6166, BOS-MAD, 2nd Dec, Cowboys !!!!
Old 9th Dec 2007, 09:33
Nice flaps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This notion that the thread is somehow a British vs Latin theme is getting ridiculous. What on earth has nationality got to do with anything in this instance?

A crew observed an aircraft to be in an unsafe condition for flight, in their opinion, and they informed that aircraft's crew. The original poster, along with a number of following posters of varying nationality, seem somewhat surprised at the reaction of the crew after they had been informed. The fact that LTD may be British seems completely irrelevant to me, or am I missing something?

First of all, my Anglo-Saxon friends, who (seem to) despise pilots of certain nations
I assume, that you would not fail (between your cups of tea - with a slice of lemon...) to go on 121.5 to advise us "Latinos" of our lack of airmanship.
BelArgUSA, is this not exactly the kind of
pure racism and prejudice
that you are accusing our British friends of? I have found most of your other posts on this website to be balanced and well informed. This one I find very very disappointing Sir.

stop associating the flag of an airplane (and so called "regional culture") with the nationality of the flight crew. Who knows, the captain of that IB-6166 BOS/MAD was a Cardiff boy, ex "Cymru" pilot.
Well said. Has it actually been stated here that LTD is British?