PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia IB6166, BOS-MAD, 2nd Dec, Cowboys !!!!
Old 9th Dec 2007, 06:52
DK_FCI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lucifer
But we do - it is on those tapes. Listen.
Do you really think what is on those tapes is the whole story

Besides the tapes - we have LTD's account of the events - is he truthful? I personally think he is - but I really don’t know – after all he is an anonymous poster on a public forum, so I don’t know him, I have absolutely no idea what might have motivated him to start a thread like this.

But yes I believe that he saw Iberia with what he perceived to be snow on the wings – he did the right thing by bringing this fact to Iberia’s attention via Ground.

Iberia took a little while to get back to ground after having received BA’s relayed message – what took place in that time? We don’t know!

What happened to bring the two pilots in agreement that no de icing was required? We don’t know!

What other information was passed on to the Iberia crew, by ground engineers, deicing coordinators etc.? We don’t know!

Could it be that they got bad information from a source they trusted more than the BA crew? We don’t know!

So I still think it is wrong to blame the crew – as we don’t know all the factors that affected them at the time. Maybe their only fault was that they trusted the wrong guy!

We do know that they probably took off with snow on the wings – and that they were lucky.

Last edited by DK_FCI; 9th Dec 2007 at 07:17.