PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2007, 06:43
vs_lhr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JBfly, assuming your vision of the future is correct, and the union calls multiple blocks of three-day action over a period of 2 or more weeks, I would expect the atmosphere, when you're back in work for the other 4 days, is going to be less than pleasant trying to work with crew who haven't been striking and covering your jobs to keep the airline running. The them-and-us mentality will make everyones working hours a nightmare.
I always thought the rallying call to vote yes to strike was to send a clear message to management and force a new offer (not that I think that would happen, by the way, but that's what I've read into pro-Yes vote posts). You, on the other hand, seem to be taking Schadenfreuden glee in the thought of disrupting the airline as much as possible.
At best this attitude will destroy working relationships with your colleagues. At worst you'll take the airline to the brink, and that 4.8% will be a percentage of zero when the redundancies kick in.
There's been some very reasoned and sensible advice from the flight crew on here who have already shown they know how to negotiate. At the moment the strike vote is too weak, the goals far too unclear and the union completely disorganised. It's time to retreat and reorganise for the next round of negotiations.