PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC holdpool (ATPers)
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2007, 18:38
Fly_My_Pretties

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Do you think CTC may have agreed some type of deal with easy to get some people out of the CTC hold pool before the wheels come of this course?"

My bold.
Do we have any evidence that this scheme has problems? My understanding is that delays have been caused by consolidation (First Choice/Mytravel, Flybe/BAConnect) either releasing pilots in to the traditional airline partners (i.e. BAConnect staff to Easy) or reducing the partners immediate requirements. This is unfortunate but hardly unknown within our industry and not CTC's fault.

I know its easy to be negative about the delays; I've been as frustrated as anyone else over the last twelve months. However I think we should look positively on the recent developments and remember that CTC makes money out of putting pilots in airlines, NOT by putting them through AQC courses. I'm off to do the Easyjet 737 rating soon and can't wait. In the end CTC has given me the opportunity as a low hours pilot to get in to a jet job and that's worth its weight in gold. It would of been nice if things had been quicker, and I certainly know guys who have given up on waiting and done other things, however thats the nature of the industry we've decided to join.

Good luck to all those starting the 737 ratings and hoping for many new opportunities for the rest of the guys in the pool. CTC has kept its promises to me so far, I see no reason why this will not continue for others in the future.