PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are things slowing down?
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2007, 16:34
xbilz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bad to worse ??

From the views on this thread, I get the idea that the situation will get bad to worse in a matter of time. I piled up every penny I could for this so I won't need a bank loan or fear debts. However, this means that I will be spending most of my savings on the training .. therefore, no house and nothing else !!

If employers were to judge your "love of aviation factor" for the job then I am sure none would be unemployed today. I gather that there are a lot of unemployed pilots out there and modular guys have further competition against the likes of OAT, CTC, FTE etc. Whether you agree or not, airlines are more inclined towards these FTOs.

I am no quitter but its a huge financial gamble with an absolute blind faith. I am, honestly, deterred by the revelations on employment and further views in this thread and my plane has already been grounded before it could take off...

I am in a day job (skilled IT) and planned to do modular so that I keep my job. My concern will be the age factor .. by the time I finish my training I will be 33 or touching 34 .. so if the market goes down next year and recovers in 2-3 years .. i will be a 36 years grandad with 200+hrs .. what chances will i have then????