PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2007, 16:30
Distant Voice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tristran23: You claim that the 2006 QinetiQ report "sought to improve the way fuel tank repairs were carried out at Kinloss". Sorry, but this is just the cover story. QinetiQ were called in by IPT because the situation at Kinloss had gone critical and there was a risk that Gulf operations would be seriously effected. Their report, when it was issued was very critical, not of the enginers at Kinloss, but of the system they work under. It also issued several observation/recommendations regading the serious conditions of wing tanks. For more details, see Mick Smith's posting #1546, dated 14th Nov 2007

I can not understand why this report was never considered by the BoI. Also, I can not understand how Des Browne, the CAS and the Stn Cmdr can claim that a new report has been issued by QinetiQ stating that the fuel system is safe. Nothing that has been done recently can negate the recommendations of the 2006 report. Furthermore, any new report by QinetiQ claiming that all is well, has lost its credibility with the events of 5th Nov involving XV235.

By the way, I have it on good authority that the 2006 QinetiQ report was uncovered by the man himself; Jimmy Jones. Not bad for a none current old-timer. I guess if you put your head obove the parapet, you may get shot at, but you do get a clearer picture of what is happening in the world around you.

DV