PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 8th Dec 2007, 16:03
bzim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emirates Interview

I have an interview w/ Emirates in the new year. I have read answers to questions concerning the job, changes, inflation etc. I am currently on the 737 with a major in the states. I hear about long days, flying the backside etc. On the 37 Ican have 12+ hour 4-5 leg days. I have flown 747-100/747-400/777/767 so I have flown frontside/backside of clock etc.
I don't believe there is any real stability in the states. I have 13 to go until 60 if they don't change rules here. Emirates 65, chance to regain lost retirement etc. Emirates has made a profit for the last 19 consec years. So in short I am looking for a carrier that has the potential to be around. Unions are good, but they can create problems too.
So: how do you enjoy your trips? The people you work with, layovers? As a single person living there, how is it? Anyone golf?
This one bothered me. Someone mentioned a pilot was scolded for flying up to 15K. Are you kidding me? What is the company's SOP for flying the jet?
Thanks in advance for your time.