PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orlando Flight Training
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2007, 14:23
I'll Be Realistic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What if the French Native doesn't speak Engligh?

I know what you are saying, but its the point that you are making that is wrong. If you didn't go through the process yourself, and didn;t see the results, how can you pass judgment on their ability, or the schools ability to deliver the product. I'm all in favour of wannabes being cautious, and having direct feedback from people in the know, who have had experience. Where possible, these people should make an informed decision themselves with the best available information to them.

What that may mean, before investing 1000's of dollars is to get on a flight to the school, and go and visit for a few days. Consider it a holiday if you will. If the school has something to hide, they will be found out. If not, they have a new customser.

But what they must not do, is listen to someone who has an opinion of the training process, and to it's relativity or indeed quality. What you are questioning, is the JAA system ("how did they get that one approved"). They did, where they were required to. Now the only question left is, does it work? Only two things can be satifactory for that question. 1. School results, which can be shown to them, and to a lessor extent, 2. students opinions. I say lessor extent, because I have seen too many students over there on daddys money who treat it like a vacation. If they fail exams due to not putting in the work, the only thing you can blame the school for is not thowing themout!

But what a prospective student must not do, is take the opinion of someone who has not done the course themselves at the school, and who may be an ex-employee, from a different department. Thats just asking for here-say, which is

IBR