PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATIS Info.
Thread: ATIS Info.
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2007, 12:37
choclit runway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi SS41.

Aerodrome controller may depart 3 aircraft bound for tonvo/laldo and 3 aircraft for tardi every 10 minutes.

OMSJ, OMRK, OMDM and OMDB are to be considered as one airport for the purposes of flow control.

The reason is staff shortage in Muscat.

Taxi flow = keeping aircraft on stand so as not to choke the holding point with traffic that can't depart. Also remember the published taxi time of 15 mins. Not brilliant on an airfield the size of Dxb and it's kind of pointless publishing this anyway as records are not published as to delays incurred measured against this. Anyways, in theory you should be airborne 15 mins after push (or requested push to be more accurate) so that is our aim regarding taxi.

Departure Radar seem to be given different goal posts to aim for regarding distance between aircraft through the gates (normally varying between 10 and 20 miles) depending on traffic loading.

Point of interest (or not), this type of departure flow was referred to as an A.D.I (Average Departure Interval) in the U.K and was very rarely used due to its inaccuracy. Much more common (and I mean MUCH), was the use of M.D.I (Minimum Departure Interval), which specified a minimum amount of time between each a/c departing on that route... Much more accurate for predicting traffic flow but also far more restrictive for the tower controller.

I stand to be corrected on any of the above

Hope it helps, CR