PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: Qantas Long Haul Cabin Crew Eba8 Negotiations
Old 8th Dec 2007, 12:01
Flugbegleiter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know, I find this short haul union really weird. Imagine if it were the other way around, that WE were the ones who earned less money and had to do higher hours. THEY were the ones who earned more and had better conditions. Do you really think we would go and chase after their work and try and take it away from them?? I don't think so! I think that those who liked the idea of doing their flying would simply apply for a transfer.

I don't understand why short haul wants to undercut us and try and take what has been traditionally OUR work. With the regional flying agreement, they have taken a lot of our work and they are often doing it for less money than we get. If some of them had really wanted to do international flying, they always could have transferred to long haul to do that flying and do it under our pay and conditions.

samford said in post #731:
I spoke to the Domestic FAAA yesterday, and negotiations for the SH EBA is due to commence in Jan. I was told "we will take all the flying we can get", its that attitude which should give some warning to you all.
"We will take all the flying we can get"? This union is dangerous and short-sighted. I hope this statement is not true, but it shows another reason why it is important to get this new EBA up and protect ourselves.

We need to get our regional flying back. Regional flying is still international flying and we are supposed to be international crew.