PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation Icon Col Pay Lost in Crash (Merged)
Old 8th Dec 2007, 10:10
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
.......ned yr obviously very upset as we all are. But please remember even if yr written words are correct to some degree ( & i'm sure they probably are) the man Col Pay was his own man, 'he' decided what 'he' wanted to do, his way, the Col Pay way, that's the way he was. If he was alive today having survived such an event i believe he wouldn't say as much against the obstructioneers (if there's such a word !) as you mentioned i'm sure, but he was a 'doer' not a spitful man. Like I said yr probably right in most of what you say, yr obviously far more in tune as to the details of his efforts to improve safety in the face of objection than most of us.
I met him a few times over the years whilst chartering thru Scone etc. (loved his work as we all did) & he came across as a guy who got the job done even if in the face of adversary/stupidity.

Ned I'm sad for you, & all the others out there that feel cheated to some degree but Col wil never be forgotten for his outstanding efforts in everything aviation.

Ty for yr post Ned
Capt Wally