PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CSA Czech Airlines...still lowballing?
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2007, 09:53
click

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I said above: "With regards to click4sky, I simply aired what I was told." - sorry if I was wrong.
You might be more right than ever...Actually this is a forum for airing views and any tidbit of information for everyone to see, I disagreed with you on a number of things which I thought were based on erroneous information but I can see where you are coming from now...and from someone who is outside the organization, you have a very good general overview. Couple things, first:
As said before, this is not a place to make money. None of the companies here are. I myself work abroad and live here, allowing for a very decent lifestyle.
What an enviable position to be in...wanna trade places?
Second: Getting back to the Fischer DEC, the airline went through an extremely rapid expansion in hmmm about 2004 where we had a change at the helm. Ex-leader Kula, who rose to his highest level of incompetence and refused to change his apartchik style of leadership was ousted. The replacement was none other than megalomanic Tvrdik who was showcased as the messiah to lead CSA to glory and salvation. He began the long awaited and necessary fleet renewal and expansion. CSA doubled the fleet numbers over the span of about 18 months going from 25 to over 50 aircraft. This created a shortage of qualified personnel. So the company started trawling through the competition and used every means available to get people on board. We had an acute shortage of Captains at the time and it was not uncommon for upgrades from the ATR to be told that you can't get back to the jet because we have no-one to take your position while at the same time, people that had been with the company for a short time were slipped into the left seat of a 737. This created resentment because the difference in pay...at the time between a Captain on the ATR and the 737 was quite large. Roughly 10 k+. When Fischer folded, which a lot of people forecast and it was only a matter of time, the astute Captains already had their applications in. The union, CZALPA CSA represents the interest of pilots at CSA so it was only natural that it would vote against direct entry. There won't be any DEC is what we said over and over again. We will not take a DEC because such practices damage the seniority system and the seniority system is one of the basic tenets of union membership. It's not that we were against helping out CSA in their time of need but we refused to dance to their tune because it was largely self-inflicted. If CSA had a vision, a long term strategy..then that would be a different matter. DEC on a contract is something that can buffer the needs of the airline and stay within parameters of the seniority system. Nevertheless, since we expect to be screwed over in certain matters, that makes it much easier to anticipate where it will happen. Btw, those Fischer DEC did bring a lot of experience and fresh thinking into the company so overall I can't complain. I only see the positive side of this, the current FO who is still in the right seat will have a different view.
I spend five euros to get drunk
My oh my....living large are we? Snorting Chivas through the nose are we? Which high class establishment will you be taking IP to?