PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2007, 09:02
anna_list

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W6 vs FR

@en2r: Minor point: FR have never flown from Stockholm to Krakow. It has also worked the other way too, with W6 dropping HHN-BUD just as FR started flying the route.

In my view, FR vs W6 will be a key battle over the next couple of years (if it lasts that long). Both airlines have flooded the UK - Poland market with capacity and have emerged as the market leaders. The most recent figures (Q1 2007) showed that FR were already Poland's second largest airline by passengers carried, behind LOT and just ahead of W6, despite not having any aircraft based there.

I can see Wizzair becoming an increasing source of irritation to FR as they ramp up the number of connections from traditional FR airports (BOH, PIK, LPL, CRL, NYO etc) on routes that FR might have planned for themselves in the future.

I have still to see any evidence that Wizzair have made a single penny of profit so far. So far they are still running on private money. There was talk earlier this year of a possible floatation, but this hasn't happened. How deep are those pockets?