PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 8th Dec 2007, 08:47
daf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For all of you guys out there writing me PM. Here is a descripion of the day.

We started of by being sat in a room with a guy. He told us about the day and what was going to happen.

Then we got 10 mins to find together with each other and descide who is going to fly first in the sim. A good idea is to quickly find together and then discuss the plate given.

My partner was first of me and him in the sim we descided and me nr. one for the interview.

Before lunch I had my interview. Lasting between 30-40 mins.
Asking about my background and different technical quest. Pretty through out as being described here. But a lot of questions from all kind of ATPL areas. Don't be afraid og this interview. It is very relaxed athmosfere and the 3 guys sitting there is very nice people.

After lunch (2 hours delay) we got to the sim. I have no clue how it went. As I don't know what they are looking for. We both made a GA as we both became unestabhlished. Being placed 8nm back and landing afterwards. The sim is totally new and very nice. I never tried a full flight before so it was totally new for me. Thats why I have no clue as if it was within their limits. We were told that don't worry too much about if you have to make a parallel or direct entry and such small details. Like they used to do on the flying school. The important thing was to be practical.

Then afterwards I waited for my partner to finish his interview, and then the day was over. Went back to my hotel in EMA and thats it. Was very tired afterwards..........

I really hope that they call me with a positive answer. But all I can do is wait a little more.

I personally think that it would be a good idea to take some hours in a full flight sim before attending an assesment with ryanair. That way you are more prepared for the "enviroment". Not so much wich plate you fly. Cause we all know how to fly an ILS and a NDB approach. Otherwise you would not have your certificate today!!!! So do not be worried about wich plate you are going to get. Not one you have practiced on! I can promise you that! I think it is more important to focus on making good CRM and correcting your simpartner and ask for the right things and brief and all. But that is just me.

All the best to all of you (and cross your fingers for me)

DAF