PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: Qantas Long Haul Cabin Crew Eba8 Negotiations
Old 8th Dec 2007, 02:08
hawke eye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Former officials - Non Members

Unbelievable! a former official "of high office" is no longer a member. How many others are there that on being voted out of office are non- members.

Our union is NOT a political party! it is an organised(often disorganised I admit) group designed to maintain our working conditions and employment.

To be voted out of office and then resign because you dont like the officials who have replaced you is a disgrace and despicable.

These officials were voted in by the majority. This is a democracy. S
Let me get this right its ok for people to elect you but if they vote you out thats not OK?

What sort of representative does that make you.

It makes you as bad as those you criticise when they act as strikebreakers.

There should be a rule that if an elected official remains in the job and resigns from the union they can NEVER put themselves up for elected office.

Talk about picking up and taking the ball and going home when the game doesnt go your way.

I hope those individuals put themselves up for the next FAAA election so they can be outed if they have been non- members.

Of course they dont see it that way. Of course they believe they were the best Officials we ever had, they were good but by not being members they have now grouped themselves in with the worst. as said earlier its sickening!