PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - About to make decision to join Emirates (aka the stained shirt thread)
Old 7th Dec 2007, 21:09
TangoUniform

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This place for me is like what the French Forgein Legion might be. We are all here for a reason-failing airlines, failing countries, loss of pensions etc etc. People from all over the world with a common thread, we know, or think we know, how to fly airplanes. And what better place to be than with a company that has over $35 billion worth of airplanes on order?

Ah, but then there is the long term possiblities of staying in Dubai, away from one's native country, familiar language and custums, etc. And of course the whittling away of the terms and conditions at EK compared to what other offerings are now out there now. What looked like excellent T&Cs three years ago, are not looking so competitive now.

Now if you are young, no family, looking for that big command in a few years, new equipment, open to adventure...Man what I wouldn't give to be in my early thirties or so ,here.

I guess what I am saying, everyone is speaking from a different perspective and point of view. We don't know all of your circumstances and why you would want to be here. You will be welcomed with open arms (unless you are an American DEC and run into Mesaboy) and treated as fairly as any other airline that has no employee bargaining power or union. All in all, the airline (except for dwindling T & Cs) is like any other big fast growing carrier, no different. Dubai, some love it, some hate it, most I believe tolerate it.