PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How Pi***d Am I At Egnatia Greece
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2007, 20:43
davidathomas42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How Pi***d Am I At Egnatia Greece

Well I finally got my License today from the Greek CAA, did my CPL check ride with Egnatia Aviation in Kavala and I was very unhappy with the school.

This is what I was unhappy with not just moaning for monaings sake.

Arrived on the Monday bright and early at the school at 07:30 to meet the chief pilot to discuss my training, was told to sit on a sofa and he will be right with me, he was by 11:30am!, no flying the first day for me, get here in the morning (tuesday) to fly, arrived again at 07:30 on there free shuttle service from the accomidation and was flying at 13:30, so sat around on the internet all morning, plane was a DA42 and was good, the tower speak in Greek a lot which I guess you have to put up with in Greece even though the Aviation language is English. anyway, flight was ok but I was very rusty from the ATPL break.

Wed my flight was canceled and no reason given, flew thurs and friday no probs but only once because my instructor has 2 other students and was only allowed to fly 5hours a day for some reason??

there was no flights on saturday or sunday because he was not allowed to fly at weekends??? so in my first week I had 3 flights! in my PPL I had 14 flights in my first week and was expecting the same level of commitment to getting through the CPL

the 2nd week I managed to get two flights one day but then the plane broke and as they only have one DA42 I had 2days off again doing nothing, so that was 5 flights in 10 days! in total I did 20hours including test in 3weeks! could have done that in one week.

but I got finished and filled in all the paperwork and was told 3weeks to get my license issued, yea right!!!! it took in total 3months and 2weeks!

I called them weekly for progress, first it was that my hours were wrong? I emailed them over, then it was well because of the hours mistake it will be another 3weeks, a month passed and I was told that it takes at least a month and not enough time had passed, a couple of weeks later I was told that the person I need to speak to is not here call tomorrow, so i did and got the same all week, then they finlaly told me it was ready after 2months so I waited for it to turn up, two weeks later I phoned and they said no its not here yet????? turns out it was just my RT license they have! 2weeks later I phoned and was told its been issued but the Greek CAA wont send it without having my old PPL, the school had this for over 2 months now! but at least I though first class mail to the Greek CAA from the school and first class mail back again, but again two weeks later it still had not arrived and the woman taking care of it was not in again!

finally after 3months and 1 week I call and they say they have my license! so post it! seems nothing is ever done unless you badger them to do it.

finally got it today and O MY GOD! the renual date is 23/08/08 which is a year after the test date, fair enough, but there is a hand writtain date on it saying issued 10/09/2007! so why if it was issued then did it take 3months and about 50 phone calls to get it to me??? O and they sent it in my old PPL brown wallet not a CPL Blue one!

I AM VERY UNHAPPY WITH THE SCHOOL, THERE WERE MANY ,MORE THINGS THAT P****D ME OFF BUT JUST DONT HAVE THE EFFORT TO WRITE IT NOW AFTER ALL THAT, JUST NEEDED TO UNLOAD SOME FRUSTRATION.

I RECCOMEND DONT GO THERE AT ALL, ITS NOT WORTH THE CASH SAVING, WOULD RATHER HAVE PAID MORE HERE AND DEAL WITH ENGLISH PEOPLE.