PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unique Air Swansea
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2007, 13:07
mikehammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phil, like I said I accept your points under the IF scenario, and yes I have a job, and yes there are those who don't. However it would take more than that for me to work for Sedgely even if I didn't have a job. Further, I know all the chaps in question personally, and I don't know one who does not think he is better off without Unique Air in his life, even the guy flying the Seneca to whom you refer. To reiterate, MS was the chap who claimed we were flying under an AOC (I have the email confirming this to all pilots from him). We were not, it was another of MD's lies. To be fair I think he got his information from MD and accepted it at face value, somewhat naively. The pilots did not: they sought the advice of the CAA and acted upon it. This fact subsequently stupefies MD's later claims about pilots making fraudulent claims to him: if MD were true and correct, the same pilots wouldn't have been within one million miles of the CAA.

Once that trust is broken it isn't really fixable, and my license and safety are not going to be trusted to someone so fickle and blase with them.

As someone said:

As with everything caveat emptor, if it's a job in a safe, legal and rewarding environment - take it - a boss is a boss and as long as they don't pressurise you into compromising the law or safety then it's worth a punt. If it's not, well, there must be that job going in Swansea Tesco...
This is exactly what it was not:safe and legal, although the flights which were undertaken were not for reward in the end, I think MD thought he could get away with charging by the back door on later bills once he had secured the contract. At least he said as much.

In summary what I am saying is your statement is a good one, but the IF in your statement will only have any possibility of AOC fruition if the original suspects have nothing to do with the new organisation. I suppose this means it wouldn't really be Unique Air, if that were the case. Therefore I think Numb is right: it's all very very hypothetical. Interesting developments though.