PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pierced Ears
Thread: Pierced Ears
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2007, 09:27
hanover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pierced Ears

Im also 20 years old and have both ears pierced. I am working in an ops department as well as flying with the same company to get my hours up.
I have found that from a PAX perspective, To have a very young pilot can be a bit daunting, then to see that he has both ears pierced just looks bad.
I also tend to find that a lot of older pilots dont really understand younger fashion/trends and it is frowned upon from a view on the flight deck.
My advice to you would be not to have them done (If you havent already done them).
If your ears are already pieced, then i suggest that you should take them out for flying. No matter what your views are about it, or if you dont think that it is fair then to be honest......tough.
When you are flying in the commercial world, you need to be as smart and professional as you can be. You work hard enough to get there, dont let small things potentially ruin it. In my eyes the public view on you is very important but even more important, what a captain thinks of you. I just take them out, save the glam for the socials.
Terry