PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2007, 09:19
olddog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time To Stop And Think?

Gentlemen (and ladies),
As a retired Nimrod pilot with over 5000 hrs on type over a period of 30+ years, split between all 3 operational Mks, I have followed this thread with interest. I knew most of the crew of XV230 as trusted professional operators. This is my first post on this thread as I prefered to await the informed findings of the BOI rather than join the speculation here.
The BOI seem to have done an excellent, unbiased job and have produced sensible, informed, findings and far reaching recommendations. I worked with the President in the past and would have expected nothing less.
This forum has degenerated into a stream of accusations and criticism of those who posted previously in good faith. None of this will help the implementation of the Boards findings or, more importantly, the healing period for the bereaved families who have behaved with courage and fortitude whilst awaiting the findings of the Board.
Those at Kinloss, and in higher authority, must now be trusted to implement the findings of the Board and continue Nimrod operations safely until the arrival of MR4 or another platform that can cover the current essential roles of the Nimrod in operational theatres. I also predict that we shall soon be needing the Nimrod as an MPA again if Russia's sabre rattling increases. If
MR4 needs to be modified as a result of the boards findings this should be done before it enters service.
Before posting further, please think. Will my post make any difference? Will it offend or hurt anyone who now needs space to get on with their lives?