PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - About to make decision to join Emirates (aka the stained shirt thread)
Old 7th Dec 2007, 01:16
chofuan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mensaboy

I just answered a question about hours, rosters and layovers. That is how I see EK and Dubai, honestly there is nothing else behind my comments.
You are right about the city and the system, but for me is take it or leave it and make the best out of it, if someone is considering moving to Dubai they should do the homework, get as much info as possible and make an educated decision. But never forget that at the end of the day WE ARE LABOR and Dubai is never going to be home.
Some guys come from Europe and some others from Africa, to compare and say who is right or wrong in this forum would be impossible, our backgrounds and cultures in EK are very diverse to agree in a lot of the issues.
My advise to a new candidate for any position is to read and learn about UAE and EK before you even apply for a job. Because you won't be only be getting a job, it is going to be a new way of life.....................