PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted Handling
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2007, 23:38
SoStanstedFuel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to vote with the Capt and Westy on this one.

I've heard no complaints from the AA staff or crews regarding the service provided by Swissport, in fact they have only praised them. The local AA staff seem to have great confidence in them.

I'm told there have been no delays down to the ground handlers, and when a change to procedure was required to address a problem that had arisen, Swissport put a new procedure in place. This is not to say the the entire Stansted operation is running how they'd like it to, just that Swissport does not seem to be an area of concern for them locally.

I can't say whether the above is correct, only that it has come from a number of AA staff members with knowledge of the matter. Should you wish to argue that I am making false/bias statements then please do not bother, as i'm not interested in being part of the petty Servisair Vs. Swissport squabble that seems to be polluting this forum.

One further comment regarding comments about Aviance not being prepared for the Maxjet launch:

I've seen contracts come and go over the years, and I don't recall any of the new contract holders having new equipment arrive more than two weeks before the contract starts (to do so would be an unnecessary expense). It should be of no concern that the equipment is not on the airfield as we speak, should Aviance not be able to source these items from another UK station which has spare capacity, i'm sure they've already signed a contract with a leasing company.

SSF

Last edited by SoStanstedFuel; 6th Dec 2007 at 23:52.