PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON -3
Thread: MANSTON -3
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2007, 23:29
tommyc2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kent Escapes

I too am surprised by apparrently lacklustre release of the 08 programme, even more so by the lack of it. Much different to what I was led to believe earlier; I am shocked that Faro isn't there as yet, I was told it would be status quo on last year with the PIK a/c performing a W. I was also told that the new route would be all season, not just for 5 weeks. I have no confidence at the moment in the winter TFS actually being launched. On the possible plus side though, the Thursday PIK Faro schedule does still suggest a W elsewhere, but I suppose that could change.

Faro's figures for 07 were only slightly less than Palma's - Faro averaged 107, Palma 116. On the one hand both figures are slightly poor, but they aren't diabolical either. A firm foundation on which to build, if a little more oomph were put into marketing. Interestingly, as in 06, August was slower, something that leaving it until Nov/Dec to release the programme will do little to alleviate. Alicante averaged about 77 per flight, no shock that it went but early signs had been promising.