PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerodynamics in Malaga, Spain - Experiences?
Old 6th Dec 2007, 23:04
stefair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

EK4457,
This is what I come up with:
Let's say it will take a candidate about 8 weeks or 60 days. One can get a bed in Malaga in one of the many youth hostels including breakfast for €15 per night. That is €900 for the entire time so let's round it up to €1,000. In the UK, I can easily live on £7-10 per day and eat well. Since breakfast is already included, I shall be able to live on €10 max per day, yielding €600 to be added on top which is say around 1,600, and that's euro not sterling! I have not checked on the going exchange rate but €1,600 is probably somewhere in the neighborhood of £1,000. Aerodynamics is asking €8,500 for the ME/IR. That's without the examiner fee I believe so let's add a further €1,000. Now, all in all you are looking at approximately €11k for the entire package. A roundtrip ticket with EZY down there from Bristol is about €100 so almost negligible. Dividing the €11k by 1.5 gives me a ballpark figure of £8k. Bristol Flight Centre, just as an example, is offering their ME and IR for around £15k, which is rather more... And not to forget, one has to eat in the UK too. And even better, any hour of flying training one needs more in Spain will be charged in euro not sterling!
The only question is, are Aerodynamics' published figures realistic and also what are their training standards?