PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unique Air Swansea
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2007, 22:25
Daifly

I don't think that's what Phil's saying. He's saying IF (BIG BIG IF!!!) they have an AOC and everything is above board, then go for it - but go in with your eyes open.

I have to admit that I am amused that MD/Unique have perpetuated the discussions on here about their company. In this industry reputation is everything and everyone in it only knows about Unique from what they've written here (or what they've told us during the sales visits) - hardly the reputation I'd want to be launching with into the competitive world of Citation II's. The fact that they've written to PPRuNe which, let's face it, is a great read but hardly the most factual of websites, astounds me. He'd be better off spending his time writing to the CAA about how to get his AOC application lodged rather than rubbishing pilots, other operators or, well, anyone, on this public forum. It just keeps the post coming to the top of the pile and gives it oxygen.

I told MD by e-mail a few months ago that we all take everything on here with a pinch of salt and to let it wash over him and not rise to it, but the fact that 4HP keeps telling everyone that MD is registered here and posting under about 10 different names just puts a wry smile on my face. If he thinks defending himself on here is worth the effort then he will love it once the punters start shouting that the food's crap, the aircraft's dirty, the air-con was ****e, the handlers were rubbish, the price is too high, the flight was late etc etc etc!

As with everything caveat emptor, if it's a job in a safe, legal and rewarding environment - take it - a boss is a boss and as long as they don't pressurise you into compromising the law or safety then it's worth a punt. If it's not, well, there must be that job going in Swansea Tesco...

(Phil - didn't find out who's in 114, will go looking tomorrow).