PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Real A300, 310, 757, 767 replacement aircraft idea
Old 6th Dec 2007, 22:19
keesje

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chornedsnorkack I think the wingspans of the aircraft you mention are interresting but not really relevant. I meant that the "smaller" wide bodies like the A330 and 787 that can fly medium ranges and are 757/767 options have wings spans around 60 meters.

That makes many gates at many airports useless in their current layouts.

E.g. Atlanta is a 757/767 hub that would require dramatic rebuilding when 767/757 would be replaced by aircraft not fitting cat D.

EOS has nice aircraft but these seats arenīt exactly wide & probably wouldnīt qualify as First in the next decade. Look at JAL, EK, BA, AA, ANA and SQ First for reference. BTW I think EOS donīt have to either, because of the unique niche they operate and sub-business class prices they charge..

I think the economy class seats as dimensioned for medium / long haul in the drawing (21 & 23 inch incl. armrest 19, 21 inch without) are wider then almost any widebody economy class seat. e.g. on 747 they are 17.3 inches without armrest, in the 787 9 abreast a bit more. Nearly 4 inches extra is noticeable..

and pls donīt come up with the fact that Breguet Deux-Ponts seats are wider