PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2007, 21:20
Hot 'n' High

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
JP, the unfortunate fact is that the original valid findings of the BoI were overturned by two AVMs – based on what? No-one has ever come up with an answer to that which made any sense, then or now. Critically, the original BoI key findings (ie not enough proof to substantiate the finding of “gross negligence”) were NOT found wanting by the House of Lords enquiry, nor the review of the case by a Scottish Sheriff to name but two investigations. Rather, they, and many others like myself, DID find the actions of the two now ex-AVMs (my then Senior Officers) wanting.

However, the MoD and the Government chose not to respond but maintained the traditional “stiff upper lip” of silence on the matter – “Keep your heads down, Chaps, it will all blow over” and all that. Now, as a former Desk Officer in the MoD, you and I both know full well just how much skull-duggery goes on behind closed doors in the MoD – as with any “big business” – it is the way the world works populated, as it is, by Homo Sapiens!

The stupidity of the AVMs, the MoD and the Government has resulted in a refusal to reappraise the situation in the light of, ironically, a lack of evidence. If the SoS gets leaned on (and please, don’t think I was born yesterday) and decides the AVMs were correct, expect this to go on. Wratten, Day, the MoD and the Government would all have gone up in my (and countless others estimation) had they just said “Sorry. Having reviewed the lack of evidence, we agree that “gross negligence” cannot be proved. What we will do is make sure that procedures are reviewed blah-de-blah-de-blah….”. So, please do stop your rantings. You simply make yourself to look as big a buffoon as the aforementioned AVMs et al. Ho hum!!!!